Since its inception in 1981, Meehleis Modular Buildings, Inc. has become California’s premier modular building company. Bill Meehleis, the company founder and owner, has been in the industry since 1966. Many of the standard features of today’s modular buildings were the innovations of Bill Meehleis and Meehleis Modular Buildings, Inc.
We provide flexibility with:
- Quality design-build programs for custom, modular buildings. Custom, permanent modular buildings.
- An array of previously approved designs, including Division of State Architects (DSA) custom pre-check (PC) buildings.
MMBI personnel provide comprehensive control of modular construction through completion: estimating, project management, design, fabrication, site installation, site supervision, and quality control. This combination of controlled elements provides for a premium modular facility. For a look at our leading-edge modular construction, see Completed Projects.
Our 10 acre facility is located to access all of California and Nevada.
Whether your project is:
- DSA custom pre-check floor plan classroom wing
- An entire design-build school
- Gymnasium/multi-purpose building
- Slab-on-grade modular construction
- A government office
- A detention facility
MMBI is your company for custom, quality modular construction.
MMBI utilizes Project Managers focused on your needs – we do not take a one-size-fits-all approach. These individual Project Managers oversee your project from start to finish.
MMBI keeps its focus on custom modular construction design-built to meet your program – rather than placing you in a cargo container. Bring us your idea – We say “yes”, when other companies say “no”.
The MMBI Approach:
MMBI is a general contractor manufacturing custom modular buildings. We are not a broker – we are not salesmen. You deal directly with us – the manufacturer in control of all aspects of the project. Communication, coordination, and management result in quality modular construction of your project.
MMBI is one of the first modular construction manufacturers to offer:
- Steeper and varied roof profiles allowing for more roof options
- Slab on grade construction for heavier floor loads at grade – to eliminate under floor venting and ADA accessible ramp requirements, and allow for taller buildings
- Clerestory windows for natural lighting and energy efficiency
- Snow loads for broad range of climate options
- Clear span over 90 feet for full-size gymnasiums/multi-purpose buildings
- Utilization of new products and methods to meet the owners’ green needs
- Grid neutral manufacturing
Because we say “yes” when other builders say “no” – MMBI continues to be the innovator in modular construction.
Will it last?
MMBI uses the same top-quality materials (based on your demanding specifications) as used for conventional “site-built” construction. At our facility, the modular components are integrated and test-fit into buildings/wings/clusters for additional quality control, prior to installation on your site.